If there is one concept that has truly revolutionized the IT industry, it has to be cloud computing. As the name suggests, cloud computing is the practice of using remote data centers to store, manage and process data over the internet.
With the emergence of this technology, you can now keep your files safely, and access them at anytime without requiring physical storage devices. One notable cloud storage service that you should consider is Upstore.net.
What is Upstore.net?
Upstore.net is a file hosting service that provides internet users a secure place to upload, store, manage and share their files. Whether you are a free member or an Upstore premium account holder, the platform provides users with all the tools required to upload and download files quickly and efficiently.
What is more interesting is that you can store and manage any type of file ranging from documents to photos, as long as they do not contravene the Upstore terms of services. This makes it more convenient for individuals and businesses to upload and backup large, important files without necessarily investing in pen drives, microSD cards, external hard disks, and USB flash disks.
Upstore Free Membership
|Account Type||Free User||Premium User|
|Bandwidth||6 GB/Daily||20 GB/Daily|
|File Size Limit||2 GB||5 GB|
|Download without waiting time||No||Yes|
|Download without waiting ads||No||Yes|
|Set passwords for shared links||No||Yes|
Like most file hosting platforms, Upstore.net is free to join. In essence, anyone can use this service and you do not have to pay a single dime to store your files. However, free membership comes with numerous restrictions that revolve around speeds, webspace, and bandwidth.
Apparently, free users may only upload up to 2GB at a time, and you may only download a maximum of 6GB per day. In addition, you can only upload one file at a time.
Upstore also limits the number of days you can store your files before they delete them from their servers. If you are a guest user, you may only back up your files for 30 days while registered free members may only store files for 90 days.
For these reasons, the free membership is only ideal for internet users who want to back up their files temporarily.
Upstore.net Premium Account Benefits
- If you want to experience fast uploads with zero restrictions, it is advisable that you upgrade to Upstore premium account. With premium membership, you can upload up to 10 files simultaneously. Moreover, members can download up to 20 GB every 24 hours and the maximum upload size per session is 5 GB.
- Unlike free membership where you can only store files for a maximum of 90 days, premium members can back up their files forever. Moreover, this platform offers 1-click downloads where premium users can download their favorite files instantly without entering Captcha codes or waiting for the timer to run out.
- Another benefit is that Upstore offers fast download speeds of up to 1000 Mbps to premium members and the platform supports various download accelerators.
- High download speeds
- Simultaneous downloads
- No Captcha
- 1-click downloads
- Supports download accelerators
- Upload files up to 5 GB per session
- No deletion of files
- No download timeout
- Reasonable price plans
- Average support services
Upstore Premium Rates
The good news about Upstore premium is that it is extremely affordable. Upstore.net offers up to four different premium plans to suit any budget. These price plans include:
|11.95 Euros||25 Euros||45 Euros||75 Euros|
|1 month + 3 bonus days||Quarterly||6 month||Yearly|
|10 files parallel downloads||20 GB/Daily Bandwidth||1000 Mbps||100% Safe & Anonymous|
Accepted payment options include:
- Credit Cards e.g. VISA, MasterCard
- Wire Transfer
It is always a good idea to run a background check on any online platform, before enlisting their services. This will save you from becoming victim to numerous scams that have infiltrated the industry.
Fortunately, Upstore is a registered file hosting platform, headquartered in Cyprus under the business name Maxi Web Consulting Ltd. Although the company has roots in Cyprus, its main data centers are located in the United States of America and the United Kingdom.
Ever since its launch in 2012, Upstore has managed to withstand stiff competition from other companies to become one of the most reliable cloud storage platforms available today.
Upstore.net has one of the simplest user interfaces you will ever come across on the internet. Apparently, you may start uploading your files right away even without registering, thanks to its easy to use and navigable interface. However, it is advisable to register an Upstore premium account to enjoy the benefits that come with this membership plan.
Like any other international platform, the Upstore website is available in multiple languages, including English and Russian. It would have been nice if the website offered additional languages, but the two options available are ideal for a start. Users may easily switch between these two languages by clicking on the matching flag at the top right corner of the Upstore website.
Signing up is fast and straightforward. Upstore offers users an easy one-click registration process whereby you only need to fill out your email address to register. Interestingly, no other details are required, and you can start uploading and managing your files right away by visiting your dashboard.
The members’ dashboard is equally straightforward and easy to use just like the main user interface. It has details about your account, including your member ID, email address and type of account (whether free or Upstore premium). You can also access information about your uploaded files and the amount of web space remaining.
Operating your Upstore.net account is equally easy. The platform provides you with a wide range of tools that you can use to upload, download, manage and share your files. You may upload files via three options:
The web upload option, also known as browser upload, is undeniably the easiest way of uploading files on this platform. All you have to do is to drag and drop your files on the upload folder. Alternatively, you may click the “select files to upload” option to select files from your computer. This method is ideal for small files and documents.
File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
File Transfer Protocol is an advanced option that involves the use of a special program called FTP client. This program allows you to transfer files from your computer to the hosting server quickly and swiftly. Although this method might seem complicated, most people prefer it as it offers higher upload speeds, which are ideal for large, heavy files. However, to enjoy faster upload speeds it is imperative to sign up for an Upstore premium account.
Remote upload using third party software
The final option is remote uploading. As suggested by its name, this option allows users to upload files from another (remote) location online by entering a link to the particular file you want to send. Essentially, you do not have to download the remote file to your computer before uploading. This makes it possible to upload your files efficiently if your local connection is slow.
Importantly, Upstore.net allows users to view the progress of the upload process conveniently from their dashboard. This makes it easy to know the amount of data uploaded so far, and establish the estimated time remaining. Knowing the progress of the upload process is important for time management and verification purposes. Essentially, you will be able to determine how much time you require to upload a specific document, and ascertain if the process is indeed complete.
The most exciting aspect about this platform is that it allows users to utilize other third party software to upload and download their files. Apparently, Upstore is compatible with most upload and download managers, making it easy for users to manage their files without any trouble.
Is Upstore Safe?
The security of your files is something that you must consider when registering with any file hosting service. Fortunately, Upstore.net has some of the best safety measures put in place. With this in mind, you can rest assured that your files and document will always remain safe.
Here are the security mechanisms that Upstore.net uses to protect your files
- The security of your files essentially depends on the safety of the data centers. Upstore has enforced various physical defense measures to secure their data centers from intruders. In essence, the data centers are physically guarded round the clock. Apart from the physical aspect, Upstore uses a number of security programs to monitor server activities and prevent unauthorized access.
- Encryption is not anything new in the world of internet security. However, Upstore.net goes a notch higher by enforcing highly advanced 256-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to keep hackers at bay. SSL encryption comes in handy, particularly when handling online payments.
- Notably, all processes on this platform are password-protected, and you cannot access specific services without entering the correct password. Moreover, Upstore.net encourages all registered users to create strong passwords to protect their accounts.
- Unlike other platforms where anyone can view or download your files, Upstore ensures that no one else can access your files until you share a link to other users. This guarantees full control over your files and documents.
Support and Help
The support services offered by Upstore Premium are somehow average. The platform does not have live chat or phone support. However, you may contact the help desk team via email.
Upstore is one of the most established file hosting platforms available today. The company has developed a reputation for providing excellent file-hosting options. Moreover, the premium plans are not only affordable, but also viable. Upgrade to an Upstore Premium Account to enjoy endless backup options.